Thursday 22 August 2013

Bienvenidos/Benvinguts/Welcome/Welkom!

Welcome to my blog! 

My name is Robert. I'm studing Biology in University of Barcelona. In the next nine months I'm going to work with Royal Institute for Sea Research (NIOZ) as an Erasmus internship program. Specifically we aim to understand a bit more about feeding and behaviour of red knots (Calidris canutus) during its stopover and wintering time in the Wadden Sea. However, the fact of living in Texel island from the postbreeding seabirds migration season in september until the breeding season of spoonbills, terns and oystercatchers in may-june is a temptation for a young birder. For this reason, I will try to spend some of my freetime to go birding, and use this website to share my sightings, photos, and more about nature in Texel and my project.

Only 4 days left, waiting for brent geeses, waxwings, waders, divers, smews, scaups, eiders, unidentifiable gulls, longspurs, snow buntings...

1 comment: